- Cisco IMC Supervisor: There's a great new tool for #CiscoUCS standalone rack servers that lets you manage and control your servers. Simplify and centralize monitoring, inventory, configuration, and firmware. Check it out here.Daniel DeBusschere January 09, 2015, at 09:56 AM
View all Cisco Data Center news
2014q2 IDC blade market share - Worldwide
2014q2 IDC blade market share - US
- 2014Q2 IDC Results: #CiscoUCS continues to do exceedingly well. Still a solid #1 revenue share in US and gaining ground on #1 worldwide. If you haven't seen the value of UCS or weren't convinced, you are probably talking to the wrong people. Daniel DeBusschere January 09, 2015, at 09:56 AM
2014q1 IDC blade market share - Worldwide
2014q1 IDC blade market share - US
- 2014Q1 IDC Results: #CiscoUCS continues growing like crazy. A solid #1 revenue share in US and closing in on #1 worldwide. Thank you UCS customers! Also, #CiscoUCS is in the top 5 for all servers worldwide. Daniel DeBusschere September 09, 2014, at 09:51 AM
- New Platforms Announced: Cisco has announced new UCS products and product categories. Daniel DeBusschere September 09, 2014, at 09:51 AM
2014Q4 IDC blade market share - Worldwide
2013Q4 IDC blade market share - Americas
- 2013Q4 IDC Results: #CiscoUCS continues the stellar growth late in 2013. A solid #2 revenue share in US and worldwide for the last two years while only being on the market for just over four years. Looking like #1 in blades in the UCS before the end of the 2014. Also, #CiscoUCS is in the top 5 for all servers worldwide. Daniel DeBusschere March 14, 2014, at 05:07 AM
- UCS Central 1.1(2a) Released: #CiscoUCS keeps getting better. This version adds some key new functions like better server control, importing existing policies!, and improved reports. Give it a try since it's free for your first 5 domains. Daniel DeBusschere March 14, 2014, at 05:07 AM
2013Q1 IDC blade market share - Worldwide
2013Q1 IDC blade market share - Americas
- 2013Q1 IDC Results: #CiscoUCS again grew dramatically early in 2013. A very solid #2 in market share and revenue worldwide after only four years of incredible growth. Next stop #1 in blades. Also, #CiscoUCS is in the top 5 for all blade and rack servers worldwide. Daniel DeBusschere June 12, 2013, at 05:33 AM
- 2013 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Blade Servers: #CiscoUCS has been in the leader quadrant since 2012 but in 2013 it has moved significantly up on the ability to execute axis and far right on the completeness of vision axis. It's great to see Gartner recognize what #Cisco has done. Daniel DeBusschere June 12, 2013, at 05:33 AM
- UCS Manager 2.1 "Delmar" Released: #CiscoUCS competitors can't keep up. Extremely advanced capabilities. Extremely easy to install. Extremely easy to use. Others will eventually be able to do much of this but not nearly as easily installed and implemented. See the Data Sheet here. Download it here. Daniel DeBusschere November 20, 2012, at 07:21 AM
- New Nexus 1000V Free-mium Pricing Model Basic virtual networking with only a nominal support cost. Advanced version adds Cisco Virtual Security Gateway (VSG) for Nexus 1000V virtual firewall and support for advanced security capabilities, such as DHCP snooping, IP Source Guard, Dynamic ARP inspection and Cisco TrustSec Security Group Access (SGA). Read more here. Daniel DeBusschere October 01, 2012, at 07:05 AM
2012Q2 IDC blade market share - Worldwide
2012Q2 IDC blade market share - North America
- UCS Manager 2.1 "Delmar" Released: #CiscoUCS competitors can't keep up. Extremely advanced capabilities. Extremely easy to install. Extremely easy to use. Others will eventually be able to do much of this but not nearly as easily installed and implemented. New capabilities include: UCS Central, Single Wire Management of C-Series, Default vNIC and vHBA Behavior Policies, Fault Suppression, FCoE Uplink Ports, FCoE Port Channels, Fibre Channel Zoning, Firmware Auto Install, Firmware Cross-Version Support, LAN/SAN Connectivity Policies for Service Profile Configuration, Scheduled backups, Service Profile Renaming, Support for discovery of flash I/O devices (Fusion I/O and LSI flash cards), VM-FEX Integration for Hyper-V SRIOV, VM-FEX Integration for KVM (Red Hat Linux) SRIOV, and many more features. See the UCS Manager 2.1 Data Sheet here. Download it here. Daniel DeBusschere November 20, 2012, at 07:21 AM
- 2012Q2 IDC Results: #CiscoUCS grew dramatically in the previous quarter. Way ahead in as #2 in North America and pretty much tied with IBM for #2 worldwide. Next stop #1! Daniel DeBusschere September 05, 2012, at 12:38 PM
Cisco Build & Price
- Online configuration tool is LIVE! #CiscoUCS online configuration tool where you can build your UCS system and get a quote from a partner. Find it at http://buildprice.cisco.com/. Daniel DeBusschere August 16, 2012, at 11:52 AM
- Added Training section: #CiscoUCS training options from Cisco and other providers. Daniel DeBusschere June 28, 2012, at 03:55 PM.
- Added Quicklinks tips: Some tips to make #CiscoUCS easier. I've added some new ones and am always looking for new ideas. It's more documentation style than blog style Take a look and you might find something useful. Let me know what you think. They are found in the media section below. Daniel DeBusschere June 28, 2012, at 03:55 PM.
- UCS Users Groups: #CiscoUCS has a strong user group community. Interested or have UCS? Attend a users group meeting. See a list of the scheduled meetings here. Daniel DeBusschere February 11, 2012, at 08:19 AM
- UCS Gen3 Servers: #CiscoUCS continues to lead the industry. On March 8, 2012, Cisco has announced new products along with Intel that uses the Romley class processors and related technologies. This includes new B-Series blade servers, new Fabric Interconnect models, New B-Series chassis IO modules, next-generation IO cards, and C-Series rack servers. See details about the new products here. Daniel DeBusschere March 09, 2012, at 06:52 AM.
2010Q3 IDC market share results'
- 2012Q3 IDC Results: #CiscoUCS continues to show great market share numbers. I finally found a pretty picture for the Q3 results. Now to find a pretty picture for 2012Q1 results. Daniel DeBusschere March 06, 2012, at 12:38 PM
- Customer Quote: "Moving from another blade vendor to UCS was like moving from Windows 3.1 to Windows 7." Daniel DeBusschere February 11, 2012, at 08:19 AM
- Ciscoquicklinks.com year in review: Dramatic growth in the traffic of this site in the last year. I've seen a 10x increase over the hits from 2010. See all the details including charts and graphs in the hits section on the news page here. Daniel DeBusschere January 03, 2012, at 11:27 AM.
- Blog article links added: I've looked through the blogs linked on this page and added links to many great Cisco Data Center and UCS related articles. Took a while since most of them were GREAT and I had to read them. Most blogs had other great articles focused on other things (like networking and virtualization) that I did not link. Take a look around! See the Social Media section for the article links and blog home pages. Daniel DeBusschere January 03, 2012, at 09:44 AM.
- UCSPE 2.0 Released: Cisco has released UCS Platform Emulator (UCSPE) v2.0 is available as a free download on CDN HERE. Daniel DeBusschere November 30, 2011, at 07:55 AM.
2011Q1 IDC market share results'
- Channel Register: Server biz saves Cisco profits by Timothy Prickett Morgan - Article about how UCS contributed to the positive financial results for Cisco's FQ1-2012. Daniel DeBusschere November 12, 2011, at 5:21 AM.
- The Unified Computing System blade and rack servers and their converged switching and management tools are tossed into a category Cisco calls Data Center, which had order growth of 122 per cent in the quarter and revenues up 116 per cent to $259m.
- The UCS annualized run rate of the UCS products is now at a $1bn, said Chambers, and the company added 1,572 new customers in the quarter, bringing the total UCS customer base to 8,983.
- Feedback Requested: I've started adding specific article links to this page in the Blog section. Thought it would be interesting to see in one place some of the good articles that might answer some of your questions. Does anyone see any value in doing that? I'm trying to balance having important information and too much information on this page. Please provide me feedback using the Submit form or via Twitter @ddebuss. Daniel DeBusschere October 12, 2011, at 2:07 PM.
- Cisco UCS Market Share: The latest numbers from IDC show the following: Consolidated #3 in Worldwide x86 Blades with 11.3%, pulling away from Dell at 9.2%. Virtually tied for #2 in N. America x86 Blades with 16.2% (per IDC rules), within 1 point of IBMs 17.0%. Remained #2 in US x86 Blades with 17.0%, more than 1 point ahead of IBMs 15.7%. Daniel DeBusschere August 25, 2011, at 8:00 PM.
- Cisco UCS 2.0.1 Code Released: Put it on your old hardware or get some new hardware. Works either way. Cool new stuff like: Disjoint layer 2, iSCSI boot with service profiles, Red Hat KVM support for VM-FEX, Configurable pre-login banner (for GUI and CLI), VMDirectPath with vMotion with ESX 5.0 and VM-FEX, Enhanced auto-deployment with vSphere 5.0, HDD operability indication without host agents. Sorry you keep falling farther behind competitors. Links: Release Notes, Install and Upgrade Guides, Download Software. Daniel DeBusschere September 20, 2011, at 5:52 AM.
- Continued Growth: Cisco UCS now has 7,400 customers in 2 years with 129% Y/Y growth. Posted by Daniel DeBusschere August 16, 2011, at 8:20 AM.
- Leadership Continues: Cisco has announced some important new additional to the UCS portfolio. More ports, more capabilities, more performance. The competitions has just fallen a LOT farther behind. Imagine that dramatically better management, better capabilities for less than HP, Dell, and IBM. Take a read at Blog: Sean McGee: UCS 2.0: Cisco Stacks the Deck in Las Vegas. Daniel DeBusschere July 17, 2011, at 8:39 AM.
- Attending VMworld? Cisco has a strong presence at the event this year. Here's a great one: VMworld 2011 (Las Vegas) Meetups in the Community Lounge (#vMeetup) - 8/30 @ 3:30-4:00pm - Three Amigos of UCS Hosted by Cisco's Clint Greenwood (@cloudclint), Jeff Allen (@JeffSaidSo), Sean McGee (@mseanmcgee) & Scott Hanson (@CiscoServerGeek), all of your UCS questions answered. Daniel DeBusschere August 25, 2011, at 9:20 AM.
- Customer Quote: "We picked up our new UCS blades today. It took 30 minutes to rack mount the hardware and 15 minutes to provision new ESX servers. Im not sure how we lived without it." Daniel DeBusschere June 05, 2011, at 10:43 AM.
- Wow: No amount of FUD from HP can overcome how outstanding UCS's cost benefits and management server users love and need. UCS is now #3 in blade servers worldwide and #2 in the US! Cisco has a great start and a lot of momentum to catch HP. It's mostly a matter of us "getting to" the rest of the HP users to help them understand how much better their server compute life can be. I can't wait to see how the results look in 6 months. Cisco UCS has the "modern" server compute and connectivity goodies like Unified Fabric with remote line cards, Virtual Interface Cards, Expanded Memory, and a virtual chassis that supports MANY Blades and Rack servers in a single environment without management servers, agents, or extensions. Daniel DeBusschere May 27, 2011, at 09:10 AM.
- Update: A new fresher look for ciscoquicklinks.com. The old look was getting a little tired and I was in the odd mood to play with style sheets. Submit your cisco related links and I'll add them to the site. Daniel DeBusschere February 05, 2011, at 01:10 PM.
- Announcement: WE'VE GOT WIKI! - ciscoquicklinks.com is born! ciscoquicklinks V4 is here! The goal of this site is to create a repository of key sites linking into Cisco's sites as well as sites to partners that play well and plug into the Cisco offerings. Think of it as a public link list. Daniel DeBusschere November 05, 2009, at 02:10 PM.
- 'Previously archived links
- BRAD HEDLUND .com Blog - Studies in Data Center Networking, Virtualization, Computing
- Cisco UCS Power calculator - Old version - Estimate power consumption for configurations. Not intended for comparisons of results from competitive power tools.
- Quick guide to configuring LDAP for UCS 1.4.1i - Instructions on how to configure UCS to work with Active Directory to assist a knowledgeable AD admin to configure UCS properly.
- Case Study: Nexus & UCS case study for University Health Systems in Texas - Details the successes with Nexus and UCS
- 'Arvhived 2014/03/14
- imaginevirtuallyanything.com - Cisco, NetApp, and VMware alliance portal - These leaders have teamed up to deliver next-generation dynamic data centers.
- IntelŽ XeonŽ Processor 6000 Sequence - Intel's product model summary listing page.
- IntelŽ XeonŽ Processor Family - Intel's product model summary listing page for all XeonŽ server processors.
- IntelŽ 5500 series model listing - Intel's product model specific specification summary and model listing page.
- IntelŽ 5600 series model listing - Intel's product model specific specification summary and model listing page.
- IntelŽ 6500 series model listing - Intel's product model specific specification summary and model listing page.
- IntelŽ 7500 series model listing - Intel's product model specific specification summary and model listing page.
- IntelŽ XeonŽ Processor E7-2800 Series - Intel's product model specific specification summary and model listing page.
- IntelŽ XeonŽ Processor E7-4800 Series - Intel's product model specific specification summary and model listing page.
- Simplify VMware vSphere* 4 Networking with IntelŽ Ethernet 10 Gigabit Server Adapters - Use fewer network connections with VMware using 10GB.
- VMware VMmark, Application Performance in a Virtualized Environment - Compare performance for VMware between different servers
- Cisco Solutions for a VMware View 4.0 Environment Design Guide - Design and configuration document for network engineers and architects.
- VMware Technical Papers: VMware View 5 Performance and Best Practices - How to optimize VMware View
- Cisco and Microsoft Joint Marketing Page - Cisco and Microsoft joint marketing information with references to other Microsoft related resources.
- Cisco UCS Manager Management Pack for Microsoft System Center Operations Manager R2 Quick Start Guide
- MSP - Cloud Enable Existing Environment - The solution for Automated, Managed and Secured across the Infrastructure, Application and Services Layers.
- UCS with OpenKVM: Virtual Core Solution - KAMP Netzwerk Systems is running and selling a low-cost cloud-solution on Open KVM with UCS.
- APC products for Cisco Unified Computing System Blade Applications - Recommendations for enclosures, power distribution, and cable management for UCS.
- Wyse PC Extender - Software designed to create advanced thin-desktop infrastructures from legacy PC assets.
- STEC Mach16 SSD SLC Drive - OEM maker of some excellent SSD's used by sever and storage hardware manufacturers.
- Cisco Developer Network Announcement - Expanded and enhanced technical support, marketing, and sales enablement resources.
- Cisco UCS XML API - Full documentation on the UCS XML API including programmers guides, training videos, and other resources.
- Cisco UCS Dashboard - A web application that collects inventory and fault information and provides a read-only view into multiple Cisco UCS domains.
- Cisco UCS SNMP/MIB's - Download the UCS Manager SNMP MIB.
- Cisco UCS PowerTool Example Scripts & Automation Examples - Several Sample scripts that can be used with PowerShell on UCS.
- UCS Management for vCenter Plugin - Connect and integrate UCS Manager to vCenter.
- Cisco UCS 6100 Series Fabric Interconnects - Centralized Management and I/O Consolidation
- Cisco joins OpenStack Community - Cisco is now supporting the open source cloud initiative. Great to have a great API.
- Cisco Nexus 1010 appliance home - Purpose-built appliance for hosting viritualized network components.
- Cisco Virtual Network Management Center - Virtual network management for Nexus 1000v
- Cisco Prime Network Analysis Module (NAM) for Nexus 1010 - Traffic and performance analysis to troubleshoot and optimize VM network resources.
- Cisco UCS Server Configuration Utility (SCU) overview - Tool to assists in OS install on C-Series servers along with drivers versions for Cisco supported devices.
- Cisco YouTube Datacenter2009 channel - Videos about Cisco's Datacenter product offerings including switches, computing, and apps.
Sections that have not yet been reviewed and updated
Data Center Media (Videos and other multimedia resources)
Data Center in the press and other articles, blogs, and internet sources